You will need your Social Security Number, valid ID (Driver’s License, U.S. Passport, Military ID or State ID), valid address and a valid email address registered to your name. If your application will include a co-applicant, your co-applicant will also need to supply this information.
Checking Options Perfectly Suited To Your Lifestyle
We offer a number of different checking accounts. Choose the one that best fits your needs.
Compare All AccountsView Now
Need Help Finding the Right Checking Account?
All Our Checking Accounts Include:
- No opening deposit required when opening account online
- Online banking with BillPay
- Mobile banking with mobile deposits
- Free email and text alerts
- Free eStatements
- Free debit card and digital wallet options
- Ability to send money through Zelle
- Overdraft protection options (except student checking)
- Unlimited check writing
- Wealth consultation (except student checking)
- No ATM transaction fees when using any SouthState ATM
Questions About Opening Your Account Online?View All FAQs
You can transfer funds from an account at SouthState or another financial institution, or you can fund your account through your debit or credit card. You can also choose to fund your account at a later time and make a deposit through Mobile Deposits or in a branch after opening an account.
Please note, funding may take up to three business days.
Yes. You may add a co-applicant to your application. If your application includes a co-applicant, your co-applicant will also need to supply a Social Security Number, valid ID (Driver’s License, U.S. Passport, Military ID or State ID), valid address and a valid email address registered to his or her name.
To open an account online you must be at least 18 years or older.
Stories and Insights
- You must be at least 18 years or older to open an account online.