At South State Bank, we understand that owning a home is a large responsibility. Just like a car, your home requires frequent maintenance to keep it in shape. By planning ahead and breaking up the work into a handful of tasks, you can keep your home in the best condition possible. Prevent tomorrow’s problems by performing small, monthly tasks.
To get started, begin incorporating home maintenance into your routine with activities to be completed every month. For example:
- Sharpen and freshen your garbage disposal but running ice, baking soda and citrus rinds.
- Prevent the buildup of grease and food particles on your range hood fan by cleaning it monthly.
- Vacuum and dust the HVAC to ensure air circulates properly.
- Perform a general sweep of all plumbing to make sure nothing is leaking.
- Make sure the fire extinguisher is full and placed in a proper location.
Conquering the challenge of creating a monthly list of home maintenance tasks is daunting enough, let alone making the time to complete each list. Luckily, we have you covered with our comprehensive monthly list.
It’s important to remember that the outside of your home needs as much attention as the inside. Save your outside work like power washing and weather treating your deck or updating the landscaping for warmer months. When landscaping, be sure to pick plants that will last several months, if not years, so it doesn’t become a monthly chore.
Monthly maintenance on your home will not only help keep your home in good condition, but it can also keep surprise maintenance bills to a minimum.