January in South Carolina can mean a couple of things, but the big events are the various Restaurant Weeks that happen across the state. During this week, restaurants offer special deals and prix fixe dinners to encourage diners to try new restaurants. Restaurant Week South Carolina 2016 will take place January 7-17. Check out a few highlights from across the state. Please note that some cities have different dates.
Restaurant Week in Charleston is one of the most anticipated culinary events in the area. Their award-winning restaurants open their doors for lunch and dinner options. For lunch head downtown to 82 Queen for a fried green tomato and ham sandwich or to John’s Island for Sweeney’s offering of 3 courses for $18 (including a delicious sounding 24 hour pot roast).
For dinner choose from over 100 options from Kiawah Island to Isle of Palms and everywhere in between. Some highlights include:
- 3 courses for $40 at The Macintosh
- 3 courses for $30 at Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar
- 3 courses for $40 at The Atlantic Room on Kiawah Island
- 3 courses for $25 at Five Loaves Café in Mount Pleasant
- 3 courses for $30 at SALT at Station 22 on Sullivan’s Island
Over 40 restaurants are signed up to participate in the Upstate’s Restaurant Week. Greenville’s restaurant scene has blossomed in the past few years and Restaurant Week is a great way to try something new.
Some highlights from this year include:
- Dinner for $30 per person at Breakwater Restaurant
- 3 courses for $16.95 at Koi Asian Bistro
- 2 courses for $20 at The Lazy Goat
- 3 courses for $30 at Passerelle Bistro
Restaurant Week for the Midlands is a growing event and the list of restaurants will not disappoint this year. This year some of the restaurants participating include:
- Dinner for two for $50 at M Kitchen
- Dinner for $30 per person at Mr. Friendly’s
- Publico Kitchen & Tap is offering 2 tacos, a side and a special River Rat brew for $11.99
- Dinner for two for $28 at Persona Wood Fired Pizzeria
Thinking of heading to the beach for some relaxation after the holidays? Here are some features of Myrtle Beach’s Restaurant Week:
- 3 courses for $30 at Café Amalfi
- 3 courses for $30 at Castano’s Italian Steakhouse
- $40 per couple at Ducatis Pizzeria & Trattoria
- 3 courses for $19 at Sam Snead’s
- 3 courses for $30 at Vintage Twelve
- Dinner for $35 per person at WaterScapes Restaurant at the Marina Inn
Restaurant Week will be January 23-30, 2016. Continue checking the Chamber’s website for restaurant updates.
To view a complete list of participating restaurants and updates, check the official Restaurant Week South Carolina website here.