As you pack your bags and hit the road this holiday season, we have some tips for making your trip as smooth as possible. With a little planning and some of our on-the-go tips, you and your family can rest easy knowing your trip will be full of holiday cheer.
Once your travel date is set, let South State know where you’re going and for how long. You can send us a secure message through online banking or call us at (800) 277-2175. This will help us take precautions in case you have fraudulent activity on your account and to prevent your card from being blocked or flagged for suspicious transactions while you’re away. It’s also a good idea to take multiple forms of payment in case of an emergency. Credit and debit cards, checks and cash are all good methods.
Here are some more of our travel tips and resources:
Tips for driving:
- In case of an emergency, keep all insurance cards and paperwork for your vehicle easily accessible.
- If you’re staying in a hotel, have your reservation confirmation printed or saved on your phone for easy access.
- Keep your devices ready to use by packing enough car chargers or investing in charge packs.
- Download an app that will make your travel easier. For traffic, try Waze. For navigational help, try Roadtrippers. If you’re going to a new place this season, try CityMaps2Gofor downloadable maps that don’t require data or WiFi to view.
- Download an app, like GasBuddy, to find the cheapest gas.
- Pack meals and snacks.
- Bring activities and snacks to occupy the kids in the car. Find some ideas here.
Tips for flying:
- Research different airlines for onboard freebies and perks, like free checked bags.
- Download your airline’s mobile app for easy access to flight statuses and mobile check-in.
- Follow your airline on social media for updates on service, daily deals and flight updates.
- Most airlines allow you to check in 24 hours before your flight. Make check-in a breeze by having your boarding pass printed before going to the airport.
- Pack a carry-on with an extra set of clothes and toiletries in case of lost luggage.
- Bring activities for the kids, and don’t forget headphones for everyone.
- Instead of searching for a wall plug in the airport, invest in a backup battery for your mobile device.
- Download any city apps that are available or location-specific apps, like My Disney Experience, to get the most out of your vacation.
As you plan your trip, be sure to budget for the unexpected things like delayed flights, pet boarding costs and last minute gifts. If you’re flying, try shipping your gifts instead of taking them on the plane. Ground shipping can be affordable and helps make packing a snap.
Traveling during the holidays can be stressful, but with these tips, you’ll get where you need to go with ease.