- Intermediate Term, Fixed Rates. SouthState provided on-balance sheet, competitive fixed rate effective the day of closing.
- Drawdown Construction Loan. The ability of SouthState to offer a drawdown loan results in not only flexibility on the timing of construction draws, but also in reducing interest expenses during the construction period (versus drawing the funds at closing).
- Prepayment Flexibility. While the repayment schedule of the loan was designed around projected pledge receipts, SouthState also allows the School to prepay the loan at any time without penalty from internal (charitable or operational) sources.
- Rebalancing the Loan. Should the School require it, SouthState gives APDS the ability to rebalance or resize the loan’s amortization after the construction period and stretch out the residual payments over a total period of ten years.
- Relationship Banking. SouthState is honored to maintain a banking relationship with APDS. Within this comprehensive relationship, the Bank’s ability provide consultative services in the independent school space should benefit the School for years to come.
Augusta Preparatory Day School Case Study
Advance Funding for Science
SouthState designed a financing solution for APDS that leveraged its balance sheet, on behalf of the School, to empower an exciting opportunity.