You can deposit personal or business checks payable in U.S. dollars and drawn on any U.S. financial institution or US Treasury Department. The check must be payable to, and endorsed by, the account holder.
You cannot deposit the following items through mobile deposit:
- Traveler’s checks
- Money orders
- Savings bonds
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than the person or entity that owns the account into which the check is being deposited.
- Checks payable jointly, unless deposited into a joint account with all payees available
- Checks containing any alteration Checks suspected as fraudulent
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the U.S.
- Checks not payable in U.S. currency.
- Checks dated more than six (6) months prior to the date of deposit.
- Checks that have previously been submitted through Mobile Deposits or another remote deposit capture service offered at South State Bank or any other financial institution.
- Checks drawn on a home equity line of credit, or other convenience checks.
- Checks without a check or account number in the MICR line at the bottom of the check (Example: counter checks)
- Checks with writing or printing that obscures any part of the MICR line