1. Open and fund any new South State personal checking account2.
2. Have total qualifying direct deposits of $250 OR monthly automatic draft of $25.
3. Make a minimum of 15 debit card purchases or payments.
HURRY! Your $100 offer ends May 31, 2018!
If you’re looking for a checking account that’s free, South State Checking2 is just right for you. When you sign up for eStatements, your account is free3. And you can manage your account anytime, anywhere with our online and mobile options.
Make the most of your South State Checking account with:
1. Eligibility & Qualifications for the Promotional Rebate Offer: To receive the $100, you must meet each of the following criteria:
• At account opening, you cannot be: an owner, or joint owner, on a South State Bank personal checking account or a South State Bank employee. You must open the account with a minimum opening deposit of $25.00 (excluding the Promotional Rebate amount).
• Within 60 days of opening the checking account have either: monthly cumulative direct deposits of at least $250 which includes salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular recurring monthly income. (Note, however, that internal account transfers, deposits made at banking locations, by mobile deposits and ATM deposits do not qualify as a direct deposit.) OR one or more automatic draft of at least $25 to a non-South State Bank account.
• Have 15 or more posted and cleared debit card purchases/payments from the account.
• Promotional Rebate Payment: If you meet all of the Eligibility and Qualifications above, we will credit the Promotional Rebate to your Account within 2 business days of the completion of the 60 calendar day qualifying period. The Promotional Rebate will be reported to the appropriate taxing authorities, as required by law or regulation.
2. Subject to approval.
3. You can avoid the $5 Monthly Maintenance Charge if on the final day of your statement cycle you have signed up to receive electronic statements (“eStatements”). You must be enrolled in Online Banking to receive eStatements. If you do not sign up to receive eStatements, your Online Banking access is terminated, or you withdraw your consent to receive eStatements, your Account will be subject to the Maintenance Charge, which will be debited from your account without further notice to you and will appear on your Account statement.
4. Message and data rates may apply.
5. Debit card fees may apply. See your banker for applicable fees.
6. Internet service provider fees may apply.
7. Apple Pay and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.
8. Google Pay is a trademark of Google Inc.
9. Samsung Pay is a registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.