Shop the Southeast: 2023 Holiday Gift Guide
To help you get started, we’ve hand-picked a few of our favorite holiday gift ideas from local businesses in the Southeast United States.
Best Gifts for the Host – or Hostess
- Navy Hill, Richmond VA – Navy Hill has cracked the code to the perfect low-cal premium cocktail mixers and tequila sodas on-the-go. Curated in small batches, products from this woman-owned small business would be the perfect addition to a cocktail-centered gift basket. You could also purchase the cocktail mixers in bulk and be everyone’s favorite party guest.
- Estelle Colored Glass, Charleston SC – For the host who appreciates timeless beauty and craftsmanship, anything from Estelle Colored Glass is a gift that will be cherished for years to come. Each piece is handcrafted by skilled artisans using centuries-old techniques, resulting in stunning works of art that are both unique and functional. Whether you choose a vibrant drinkware collection or a mesmerizing cake stand, an Estelle Colored Glass creation is sure to add a touch of elegance and sophistication to any home.
- Blackhawk Hardware, Charlotte NC – There’s something about grilling out that brings people together; from tailgating to summer dinner parties, a grill can elevate any gathering. Blackhawk Hardware carries a large selection of grills, smokers, and accessories perfect for the ultimate host in your life.
- Trinity Mercantile and Design, Decatur GA – If you have a special someone in your life who loves hosting, consider gifting home furnishings or interior design services from Trinity Mercantile and Design. As seen in Better Homes and Gardens and Atlanta Magazine, storefront carries art, upholstery, lighting, rugs, and more.
Best Gifts for the Green Thumb
- Gifting Tree & The Secret Garden, Smyrna GA – The Gifting Tree and Secret Garden is a hidden treasure for eccentric gifts and plants located in Smyrna, Georgia. In their charming gift shop, they carry candles, home décor, jewelry, crystals, and gameday gear – but the real magic is the secret garden nursery located to the side of the store. If you’re looking for plants, the Gifting Tree has budding botanicals for everyone on your list.
- Photosynthesis Floral Design, Richmond VA – Photosynthesis Floral Design is known for their redefined, organic approach to florals. Whether you’re looking to gift a flower subscription, a workshop experience, or a boutique arrangement – you simply can’t go wrong with blooms.
Best Gifts for the Outdoor Enthusiast
- Crescent Kayaks, Carrolton GA – If you have a nature lover on your list, a Crescent Kayak is a gift that will keep on giving for years to come. These American made kayaks are known for their durability, stability, and performance – making them ideal for a variety of paddling conditions. Whether your loved one is a seasoned kayaker or just starting out, they’re sure to appreciate the quality and craftsmanship of a Cresent Kayak.
- Surf Station, St. Augustine FL – Surf Station is a St. Augustine staple that has been serving the surfing community since 1984. With the world’s largest surfboard collection, Surf Station is a must-visit for any surfer or surf enthusiast. In addition to surfboards, you can also find a wide variety of clothing, accessories, and gear from top brands. The shop also offers surf lessons.
- Great Outdoor Provision Company, Raleigh NC – Shopping for someone who just loves being outside? From lifestyle to adventure, Great Outdoor Provision Company has you covered. With a wide selection of gear and apparel from reputable brands, you’re sure to find the perfect gift for the adventurer in your life. Whether they’re into hiking, biking, camping, or rock climbing, Great Outdoor Provision Company has everything they need to make sure their next outdoor adventure a success.
Best Gifts for the Homebody
- LAKE Pajamas, Savannah GA – For those who cherish the moments of relaxation and self-care, LAKE Pajamas are the epitome of luxurious comfort. Crafted from the softest fabric, Peruvian Prima Cotton, these pajamas are designed to provide a cloud-like feel that is both inviting and indulgent.
- Wild Oats and Billy Goats, Decatur GA – This whimsical art gallery and artisan boutique features handcrafted items from local and regional artists, making it the perfect place to find one-of-a-kind gifts for everyone on your holiday gift list. From goat’s milk soap to colorful paintings to funky pottery, you don’t want to miss Wild Oats and Billy Goats this holiday season.
Best Gifts for the Fashionista
- Happy Southerner, Charleston SC – From whimsical trinkets to trendy southern fashion, the Happy Southerner boutique has a wide variety of unique, quirky, and affordable holiday gifts. Nestled in the heart of Mt. Pleasant, this southern-inspired gift shop has something for all the style-seekers on your gift list.
- Rochelle’s, St. Augustine FL – Since 1984, Rochelle’s has been a fashion haven in the St. Augustine community. The boutique prides itself on offering women’s clothing and accessory collections not driven by trends, but by an educated eye for beauty and modern fashion. Voted “Best Boutique” in St. Augustine year after year, Rochelle’s is a must-visit for your holiday shopping.
Best Gifts for the Person Who Has Everything
- Vineyard Wine Market, Smyrna GA – Sometimes the greatest gifts are quality time spent with loved ones. Treat this person to an elegant evening at the Vineyard Wine Market in Smyrna; they have over 40 wines by the glass, 20 wines on tap, and over 500 available by the bottle. And to top it all off, they have a tapas menu.
- Charleston Sweetgrass Baskets, Charleston SC – Charleston sweetgrass baskets are beautiful, unique, functional gifts to give this holiday season. They can be used for a variety of purposes, like storing blankets or keys. Sweetgrass baskets are hand-crafted by Gullah artisans and are seen as one of the nation’s most prized cultural souvenirs. You can find these from local crafters in the Charleston City Market.