SouthState Commits $250,000 to Housing-Focused Atlanta Nonprofits, introduces forgivable second mortgage
“Affordable housing lends itself to upward economic mobility for countless individuals and families. Through monetary investment, as well as ongoing involvement and volunteerism with organizations focused on improving the affordable housing situation facing so many friends and neighbors, we are pleased to play a role in bringing stability and financial health to the Atlanta market,” said Ashley Carson, Atlanta commercial division president.
“Financially supporting organizations that serve low-to-moderate (LMI) communities relates directly to SouthState’s core values. In fact, 26 percent of SouthState’s branch network across the Southeast is in LMI communities. Each year, the bank provides donations and grants to projects that support affordable housing and down payment assistance, in addition to providing financial education and banking solutions for community members,” said Terry DeWitt, Atlanta community division president.
Five organizations will receive funds from SouthState to construct housing, create jobs and continue existing operations. Organizations receiving funds include:
- Atlanta BeltLine – an urban redevelopment program featuring a network of public parks, multi-use trails, transit, and affordable housing along a historic 22-mile railroad corridor.
- Atlanta Neighborhood Development Partnership, Inc. – develops and advocates for affordable housing that promotes racial equity and healthy communities.
- Focused Community Strategies Ministries – specializing in mixed-income housing and job creation.
- Grove Park Foundation – improving the Grove Park neighborhood with access to education, healthcare, and housing.
- Grove Park Renewal – empowering residents of the Grove Park community through quality, dignified housing, developing homes in the area for the benefit of the current neighbors.
“SouthState offers mortgage solutions that are designed to make homeownership accessible to everyone who wants to own their own home, including qualified low-to-moderate income borrowers,” said Stephen Cannon, SouthState Mortgage co-president. “Our Buyer’s Advantage program enable buyers to obtain up to 100% financing with no mortgage insurance required.”
“SouthState’s Mortgage business is headquartered in Atlanta, and serving our community’s housing needs is a top priority for our team,” said Brent Harrell, Mortgage co-president. “We are proud to serve homeowners across the Southeast with a variety of mortgage solutions.”
SouthState Corporation (NASDAQ: SSB) is a financial services company headquartered in Winter Haven, Florida. SouthState Bank, N.A., the company’s nationally chartered bank subsidiary, provides consumer, commercial, mortgage and wealth management solutions to more than one million customers throughout Florida, Alabama, Georgia, the Carolinas and Virginia. The bank also serves clients coast to coast through its correspondent banking division. Additional information is available at SouthStateBank.com.