There are signs of identity theft that can sometimes be overlooked. It’s important to keep track of anything that is out of the ordinary when it comes to your finances, bills and personal information.
One of the best ways you can protect yourself from identity theft is to be aware of suspicious activity and routinely monitor your financial accounts and billing statements.
Suspicious activities that may require immediate attention are:
- Bills do not arrive as expected
- Unexpected credit cards or account statements
- Denials of credit for no apparent reason
- Calls or letters about purchases you did not make
- Charges on your financial statement that you don’t recognize