Important Updates: We are currently operating with Drive Thru Only service Monday – Friday, and Saturday hours have been discontinued at this time. To read a message from our CEO Robert Hill and learn more about our preventative measures in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) click here.
Checking that's just right for you.
Get the services you need, combined with the service you need, too.
When it comes to a checking account, you need a bank that's built around you.
If you’re looking for a checking account that’s free, South State Checking* is just right for you. When you sign up for eStatements, your account is free1 . Plus, you can manage your account anytime, anywhere with our online and mobile options. Banking with South State has never been easier or more free-ing.
Make the most of your South State Checking account with:
* Subject to approval.
1. You can avoid the $5 monthly maintenance charge if on the final day of your statement cycle you have signed up to receive electronic statements (“eStatements”). You must be enrolled in Online Banking to receive eStatements. If you do not sign up to receive eStatements, your Online Banking access is terminated, or you withdraw your consent to receive eStatements, your Account will be subject to the Maintenance Charge, which will be debited from your account without further notice to you and will appear on your Account statement.
2. The 15 debit card purchases/payments per statement cycle must have posted and cleared your account.
3. Direct deposits may include incoming transfers from a non-South State Bank account (ACH) or payroll. Excludes wire transfers.
4. Message and data rates may apply.
5. Debit card fees may apply. See your banker for applicable fees.
6. Internet service provider fees may apply.
7. Apple Pay and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.
8. Google Pay is a trademark of Google Inc.
9. Samsung Pay is a registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.