What do I need to use Mobile Deposits?
Why did my check get rejected?
To use Mobile Deposits, you’ll need the following:
1. Download our South State Mobile Banking App.
2. Enroll into Mobile Banking (if you are enrolled in Online Banking, you will use the same username and password for Mobile Banking)
3. A checking or savings account
How do I know my deposit was received?
Your check could have been rejected for several reasons including:
- Your check image was not clear.
- Your check exceeded the daily limit of $7,500.
- Your check was a duplicate deposit.
- Your check was not endorsed.
Do I have to endorse my check before I deposit through Mobile Deposits?
At any time you can see the status of the deposit by selecting Deposit and then View mobile deposit history. Once your deposit is accepted, it will turn green within mobile deposit history.
What types of checks can I not deposit through Mobile Deposits?
Yes. On the back of the check, sign your name and write “Mobile Deposit on MM/DD/YY (current date)”.
When will my deposit be available if I use Mobile Deposits?
You can deposit checks payable in U.S. dollars and drawn at any U.S. bank, including personal and business checks. The check must also be payable to, and endorsed by, the account holder.
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than the person or entity that owns the account into which the check is being deposited.
- Checks payable jointly, unless deposited into an account in the name of all payees.
- Checks containing an alteration on the front of the check, or which you know or suspect are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn.
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the U.S.
- Checks not payable in U.S. currency.
- Checks dated more than six (6) months prior to the date of deposit.
- Checks that have previously been submitted through Mobile Deposits or through a remote deposit capture service offered at South State Bank or any other financial institution.
- Checks or items that are drawn or otherwise issued by the U.S. Treasury Department.
- Checks drawn on a home equity line of credit, or other convenience checks.
- Traveler’s checks, money orders, or savings bonds.
- Checks without a check number in the MICR line at the bottom of the check
- Checks without an account number in the MICR line (Example: counter checks)
- Checks encoded with a dollar amount
- Checks with writing or printing that obscures any part of the MICR line
What should I do with my paper check after I deposit it using Mobile Deposits?
Generally, Mobile Deposits received prior to 8 PM EST Monday – Friday are processed on the business day of receipt. Deposits received Monday – Friday after 8 PM EST, on Saturdays, Sundays, or on bank holidays will be processed on the next business day.
Funds deposited through Mobile Deposits will generally be available for withdrawal one to three (1-3) business days from the day of the deposit. However, funds may not be made available to you for longer periods of time under certain circumstances. Deposits are subject to limits, verification and other restrictions, as outlined in the South State Bank Online Banking Agreement.
Are there any fees for using Mobile Deposits?
Securely store your check for 14 calendar days after your deposit (this allows sufficient time in case the original check is required for any reason). After 14 calendar day, destroy or shred the check.
Is there a limit to how much I can deposit through Mobile Deposits?
There are no fees to use South State Mobile Deposits. Please check with your wireless provider about carrier and web access charges.
How many checks can I deposit at one time with Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposits are limited to a total of $7,500 per day.
How secure is Mobile Deposits?
There is no limit on the number of checks you may deposit, as long as you have not exceeded your daily total deposit amount.
How will I know if there’s something wrong with my deposit?
Your scanned check is transmitted securely through our Mobile Banking app. It is encrypted and pictures are never stored on your mobile device.
Why did I receive an email?
You will receive an email from [email protected] if there are any issues with your deposit.
If you received an email from [email protected], your deposit was rejected or you had incorrect endorsements.