Similar to taking care of your personal health by proactively incorporating healthy habits and annual checkups, you can also take control of your financial health when you are proactive and engaged in managing your finances.
Our most popular account, Choice Checking1 lets you stay on top of your money and bank the way you want with our convenient online and mobile services. You can even transform your phone into a digital wallet to pay for everything from groceries to in-app purchases. We make managing your money fast, simple and secure.
$50 minimum opening balance
Unlimited check writing
No monthly maintenance charge when you meet one of the following qualifiers: 15 debit card purchases/payments per statement cycle3or $250 in combined direct deposits2or $1,000 average daily balance
South State proudly serves communities throughout NC, SC and GA.
Exactly what kind of bank is South State Bank? Yours.
Our capabilities and reach have certainly grown through the years, but behind it all is a simple approach: Taking the time to get it right. Valuing personal connections over financial transactions, and knowing our customers personally – being invested in their success, and involved in our communities – is how we serve you, both now and in the future. It’s just the South State way.
1. Message and data rates may apply.
2. Direct deposits may include incoming transfers from a non South State Bank account (ACH) or payroll. Excludes wire transfers.
3. The 15 debit card purchases/payments per statement cycle must have posted and cleared your account.
4. Apple Pay and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.
5. Android Pay is a trademark of Google Inc.
6. Samsung Pay is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
7. VISA is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association and used under license. Debit card fees may apply. See your banker for applicable fees.
8. Internet service provider fees may apply.
9. Services do not apply to mortgage loans serviced on the Bank’s behalf by a third party.