Similar to taking care of your personal health by proactively incorporating healthy habits and annual checkups, you can also take control of your financial health when you are proactive and engaged in managing your finances.
Specifically designed for customers 62 years of age or older, this account offers expanded benefits. With our Classic Checking account, you’ll enjoy unlimited check writing and one free order of checks per year.
$50 minimum opening balance
No monthly maintenance fee with $250 in combined direct deposits3 or $1,000 average daily balance
No minimum balance
20% annual discount on safe deposit box1
South State Bank checks (one order per calendar year)
Since 1934, we’ve remained true to our values of relationship banking and commitment to our customers. We’re proud to have grown from serving the needs of one small community to helping businesses and individuals throughout the region. We value personal relationships over financial transactions and are actively involved in the communities we serve. Most importantly, we treat our customers and employees like family. That’s the South State Way.
1. All safe deposit boxes are subject to availability.
2. Internet service provider fees may apply.
3. Direct deposits may include incoming transfers from a non South State Bank account (ACH) or payroll. Excludes wire transfers.
4. Apple Pay and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.
5. Android Pay is a trademark of Google Inc.
6. Samsung Pay is a registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
7. VISA is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association and used under license. Debit card fees may apply. See your banker for applicable fees.
8. Internet service provider fees may apply.
9. Services do not apply to mortgage loans serviced on the Bank’s behalf by a third party.