Students need an account that can grow with them as they get older and their banking needs change. Whether it’s their first account or they are in college and want more independence and responsibility, South State Student Checking is a great choice.
This account allows minors under the age of 18 to learn how to manage money, while having the security of a parent or guardian as a joint owner. For students over 18, you’ll have access to additional online banking features as your needs expand.
No opening deposit required when opening account online1
No minimum daily balance
No monthly maintenance charge when you enroll in eStatements2
1. $25 minimum opening deposit required to open account in branch
2. You can avoid the $3 Monthly Maintenance Charge if on the final day of your statement cycle you have signed up to receive electronic statements (“eStatements”). You must be enrolled in Online Banking to receive eStatements. If you do not sign up to receive eStatements, your Online Banking access is terminated, or you withdraw your consent to receive eStatements, your Account will be subject to the Maintenance Charge, which will be debited from your account without further notice to you and will appear on your Account statement.
3. Message and data rates may apply.
4. Debit card fees may apply. See your banker for applicable fees.
5. Apple Pay and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.
6. Google Pay is a trademark of Google, LLC.
7. Samsung Pay is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
8. You must be age 18 or older to access BillPay. Internet service provider fees may apply.