A simple and convenient checking account for students ages 13-22.
A simple and convenient checking account for students ages 13-22. Jointly owned by the student and a parent or guardian, a Student Checking1 account comes with the convenience of Mobile Banking8 including Apple® Touch ID5 and Instant Balance, Debit Card and Mobile Payments. A great choice for college and high school students.
*You can avoid the $3 Monthly Maintenance Charge if on the final day of your statement cycle you have signed up to receive electronic statements (“eStatements”). You must be enrolled in Online Banking to receive eStatements. If you do not sign up to receive eStatements, your Online Banking access is terminated, or you withdraw your consent to receive eStatements, your Account will be subject to the Maintenance Charge, which will be debited from your account without further notice to you and will appear on your Account statement.
1. Account owners under the age of 18 require a parental co-owner on the account. You must be at least 18 years or older to open an account online.
2. Internet service provider fees may apply.
3. Direct deposits may include incoming transfers from a non South State Bank account (ACH) or payroll. Excludes wire transfers.
4. Message and data rates may apply.
5. Apple Pay and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.
6. Google Pay is a trademark of Google Inc.
7. Samsung Pay is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
8. Debit card fees may apply. See your banker for applicable fees.
9. Services do not apply to mortgage loans serviced on the Bank’s behalf by a third party.