No matter what your long-term savings strategy,
we can help make your money work for you.
|Minimum Opening Balance||Earns Interest||Minimum Daily Balance**||Maintenance Charge||Other|
Our most popular savings account for anyone who wants quick access to savings funds.Learn More
|$50||Paid quarterly||$200||Yes 1||3 withdrawals per quarter2|
Teach your child the value of saving. This account is for individuals under age 18 and must be opened by a parent or guardian.Learn More
|$5||Paid quarterly||N/A||No||3 withdrawals per quarter2|
Plan ahead and build savings for anything on your wish list.9Learn More
|$5||Paid at maturity||N/A||No||$5 service charge per withdrawal if more than 1 per calendar quarter|
Enjoy convenient access to your account while earning a premium interest rate.Learn More
|$50||Paid monthly, tiered interest rates||$5,000||Yes 3||6 checks/debit items per month4|
This Health Savings Account allows individuals with a High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) to pay for qualified medical expenses. Contributions earn interest and may help you save on taxes.6Learn More
|N/A||Paid monthly||N/A||Yes7||Qualified medical expenses only|
Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
Benefit from locked-in interest rates as you watch your money grow.Learn More
|$1,000||Paid no less than annually||N/A||No||Early withdrawal penalties apply8|
Questions? We’re here to help.
Important Notice: Federal regulation requires banks to limit the way withdrawals and transfers can be made from savings and money market accounts. During any calendar month, you may not make more than six (6) withdrawals or transfers (or a combination of such transfers and withdrawals) from a savings account or money market to another bank account of yours or to a third party if made by (i) preauthorized or automatic transfer (including ACH), (ii) telephone, fax, or email through a bank representative, (iii) check, draft, debit card, or similar order to a third party, (iv) telephone banking, online banking, or online bill payment, or (v) overdraft transfers. The monthly limit is based on when the transaction is processed, not when the check or item was written or authorized. If you exceed six (6) monthly withdrawals/transfers on more than an ocassional basis, we may revoke your privileges on that account or we may convert your savings account or money market account to an eligible account allowing unlimited transactions. Deposits, transfers and withdrawals made in person at a branch or ATM, and automatic transfers to repay your South State Bank loan do not count toward the six (6) per month limit.
**Minimum daily balance to avoid maintenance charge.
1. $15 quarterly maintenance charge if $200 minimum daily balance is not maintained.
2. A withdraw charge of $1 will be charged for each non sweep withdraw over 3 per quarterly cycle.
3. $15 monthly maintenance charge if $5000 minimum daily balance is not maintained.
4. $10 excess activity fee will be charged for each transaction over 6 per month excluding in person or ATM withdrawals.
5. $15 maintenance charge is waived with $200 minimum daily balance. $10 overdraft sweep fee per sweep charged to checking account.
6. Consult your tax advisor.
7. $3 monthly maintenance charge.
8. Early withdrawal may result in loss of earned interest and some principal.
9. Requires a minimum $5 automatic monthly transfer from a South State account. A $5 service charge will be assessed for every withdraw completed after the 1st one per calendar quarter.