We also offer our Money Market Sweep account as another low-cost way to keep from overdrawing your account. With a Money Market Sweep, you have the benefit of a lower minimum balance, earning interest, plus the option of up to 6 (six) automatic transfers per month to your South State checking account, protecting you from overdrafts.
$50 to open
$200 minimum daily balance1
Allows a maximum of six (6) automatic transfers per month
Earns interest, paid quarterly
To apply for a Money Market Sweep account, simply contact your South State banker.
With our most popular savings account, Smart Savings, you can open your account with as little as $50 and have easy access to your money when you need it most.
Since 1934, we’ve remained true to our values of relationship banking and commitment to our customers. We’re proud to have grown from serving the needs of one small community to helping businesses and individuals throughout the region. We value personal relationships over financial transactions and are actively involved in the communities we serve. Most importantly, we treat our customers and employees like family. That’s the South State Way.
* Important Notice: Federal regulation D requires savings and money market accounts to be limited to 6 (six) transactions per month, third party and/or electronic. After 3 violations over the limit of 6 within one year, accounts must be closed and reopened as non-interest bearing checking accounts.
1. $15 maintenance charge is waived with $200 minimum balance. $10 overdraft sweep fee per sweep charged to checking account.
2. Internet service provider fees may apply.
3. Message and data rates may apply.
4. Services do not apply to mortgage loans serviced on the Bank’s behalf by a third party.