A Money Market account1 offers high liquidity and a competitive interest rate. Unlike certificates of deposit, a money market allows withdrawals of cash without penalty.
1. Important Notice: Federal regulation requires banks to limit the way withdrawals and transfers can be made from savings and money market accounts. During any calendar month, you may not make more than six (6) withdrawals or transfers (or a combination of such transfers and withdrawals) from a savings account or money market to another bank account of yours or to a third party if made by (i) preauthorized or automatic transfer (including ACH), (ii) telephone, fax, or email through a bank representative, (iii) check, draft, debit card, or similar order to a third party, (iv) telephone banking, online banking, or online bill payment, or (v) overdraft transfers. The monthly limit is based on when the transaction is processed, not when the check or item was written or authorized. If you exceed six (6) monthly withdrawals/transfers on more than an occasional basis, we may revoke your privileges on that account or we may convert your savings account or money market account to an eligible account allowing unlimited transactions. Deposits, transfers and withdrawals made in person at a branch or ATM, and automatic transfers to repay your South State Bank loan do not count toward the six (6) per month limit.
2. $50 minimum opening deposit required to open account in branch
3. $15 monthly maintenance charge if $5,000 minimum daily balance is not maintained.
4. $10 excess activity fee will be charged for each transaction over 6 per month, excluding in-person or ATM withdrawals.
5. Internet service provider fees may apply.
6. Message and data rates may apply.
7. Services do not apply to mortgage loans serviced on the Bank’s behalf by a third party.