If they learn good habits early, they are likely to continue them throughout their own lives.
Teach your child the value of saving by opening a Youth Savings Account. As the custodian for the account, you’ll have access to the account and the ability to transfer money electronically from your account to theirs. Open this account for as little as $5 and earn interest quarterly.
Plus, children 12 and younger are automatically members of the Squirrels Club® when they open a Youth Savings Account. Squirrels Club is a great way to start your child on a smart path toward savings and responsibility. As a member, your child will enjoy free gifts, a special birthday present and exclusive discounts at fun events.
At age 19, your Youth Savings Account automatically transfers to a Smart Savings Account.
* Important Notice: Federal Regulation D requires savings and money market accounts to be limited to 6 (six) transactions per month, third party and/or electronic. After 3 violations over the limit of 6 within one year, accounts must be closed and reopened a non-interest bearing checking account.
1. $1 per withdrawal charge if over the limit of 3 withdrawals per quarter.
2. Internet service provider fees may apply.
3. Message and data rates may apply.
4. Services do not apply to mortgage loans serviced on the Bank’s behalf by a third party.