Similar to taking care of your personal health by proactively incorporating healthy habits and annual checkups, you can also take control of your financial health when you are proactive and engaged in managing your finances.
It is never too early to start teaching your children about fiscal responsibility. If they learn good habits early, they are likely to continue them throughout their own lives.
Teach your child the value of saving by opening a Youth Savings Account. As the custodian for the account, you’ll have access to the account and the ability to transfer money electronically from your account to theirs. Open this account for as little as $5 and earn interest quarterly.
Plus, children 12 and younger are automatically members of the Squirrels Club® when they open a Youth Savings Account. Squirrels Club is a great way to start your child on a smart path toward savings and responsibility. As a member, your child will enjoy free gifts, a special birthday present and exclusive discounts at fun events.
Since 1934, we’ve remained true to our values of relationship banking and commitment to our customers. We’re proud to have grown from serving the needs of one small community to helping businesses and individuals throughout the region. We value personal relationships over financial transactions and are actively involved in the communities we serve. Most importantly, we treat our customers and employees like family. That’s the South State Way.
* Important Notice: Federal Regulation D requires savings and money market accounts to be limited to 6 (six) transactions per month, third party and/or electronic. After 3 violations over the limit of 6 within one year, accounts must be closed and reopened a non-interest bearing checking account.
1. $1 per withdrawal charge if over the limit of 3 withdrawals per quarter.
2. Internet service provider fees may apply.
3. Message and data rates may apply.
4. Services do not apply to mortgage loans serviced on the Bank’s behalf by a third party.