NSF Returned Item Fee & Overdraft Sweep Fee Changes
As of July 11, 2022, SouthState no longer charges the following fees on personal checking and savings accounts:
- NSF Returned Item Fee - $36
- This fee was previously charged for items presented or represented for payment against non-sufficient funds that were returned unpaid.
- Although SouthState no longer charges an NSF Returned Item Fee, a fee may be charged by the merchant each time an item is presented or re-presented for payment against non-sufficient funds.
- Overdraft Sweep Fee - $12
- SouthState no longer charges a fee for the transfer of funds from a linked checking, savings or money market account or line of credit to cover an overdraft.
- The number of sweeps that will occur each business day remains at one (1).
Note: If at any time the Bank pays a presented or represented item that causes your account to be overdrawn, you will be charged a $36 Overdraft Paid Item Fee.
We’re here to support you in your financial journey. Visit SouthStateBank.com/OverdraftManagement to view our overdraft protection options and money management tips to help you avoid overdrafts.