You can quickly open Samsung Pay from the Home screen, Apps menu, or lock screen, even if the display is dark or off.
Swipe from the bottom of the screen to the top to access your payment cards.
If necessary, swipe to the left or right to access the desired card.
Place your finger on theHome key to verify your identity. If you are using your Samsung Pay PIN, touch PIN and enter your four-digit code.
Place the back of your device against the card or NFC reader on the payment terminal.
If necessary, complete the transaction on the payment terminal. For example, if you are using a debit card, you are still required to enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Some merchants/terminals may prompt you to verify the total charges are correct, while others will require a signature.
To add your South State card to Samsung Pay, you will need to:
1. Open the Samsung Pay App.
2. Tap Start on the bottom.
3. Agree to the Terms and Conditions, and tap Next.
4. Register a Samsung Pay PIN, and confirm.
5. Tap Credit/Debit cards.
6. Hold phone over the card you would like to add to take a picture.
7. Enter the required card information, then tap Next.
8. Agree to the Terms of Service, and tap Agree To All.
8. Complete Card Verification selecting to receive a One Time Code through a text message or email.
9. Once you receive your code through a text message or email, enter that code into your Wallet to complete your activation.
For Samsung Pay enrollment questions, please contact Customer Care at (800) 277-2175.
If you replace or update your device, your South State debit or credit card(s) will not be transferred automatically. You will need to set up Samsung Pay™ again and re-add your cards on the new device.
If your device is ever lost or stolen, the Samsung Find My Mobile service can remotely lock or erase your payment cards in Samsung Pay™. When you lock Samsung Pay™ using Find My Mobile, all payments will be disabled on the device. You may also call us at (800) 277-2175.
Your payment information is not accessible without your fingerprint or Samsung Pay™ PIN. For added security, the Samsung Find My Mobile service can remotely lock or erase your payment cards in Samsung Pay™. When you lock Samsung Pay using Find My Mobile, all payments will be disabled on the device.
You can continue to make purchases using your physical card even when the card is locked in Samsung Pay™.*
*Disclosure: Samsung Pay is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Pay is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.