We are a team of disciplined learners who have achieved a variety of degrees and designations. Our tenured team has experience in all aspects of investment management. These key attributes help ensure you receive the financial counsel you need for life’s complexities.
A sound investment strategy is the key tenet of wealth accumulation and preservation.
- We combine time-tested investment disciplines with personalized, innovative planning.
- We build your investment strategy to match the cash flow, risk and time horizon needs of your particular life circumstances and financial objectives.
- We use both active and passive investment strategies for the various components of your portfolio.
- Our solutions are evaluated, selected, and monitored using our objective process, which combines externally-sourced advanced quantitative and qualitative methods along with investment committee insight.
- We believe that maintaining access to independent, objective, buy-side research is a critical component of sound portfolio management and our firm invests heavily in such research.
Our approach to Investment Management
- Client goal-based focus
- Open investment architecture
- Modern portfolio design
- Implementation of industry-leading investment and allocation approaches
- Best in class investment solutions
The South State Advisory platform comprises six core strategies:
Open Architecture Fully Diversified Portfolios
The objective of our managed fund strategy is to combine actively managed mutual funds and passive ETFs or mutual funds in each asset class into a portfolio that meets the objectives of the individual client. This process combines both strategic and tactical asset allocation tools. We perform ongoing quantitative and qualitative due diligence to help ensure that the funds we own continue to meet our stringent criteria.
Core Equity Portfolios
Our Core Equity strategy invests in large global companies with above average growth expectations at reasonable valuations. Portfolios are diversified across multiple economic sectors.
Our Equity Income strategy invests in large global companies with above average dividends and dividend growth expectations at reasonable valuations. Portfolios are diversified across multiple economic sectors.
Tax-free Bond Portfolios
Our tax-exempt fixed income strategy focuses on debt issued by municipalities whose interest qualifies for exemption from federal and state income tax. Portfolios are designed to meet the income needs and risk objectives of our clients. We emphasize high quality securities and primarily invest in investment grade bonds with short to intermediate maturities.
Taxable Bond Portfolios
Our taxable fixed income strategies are designed to meet the income and capital preservation objectives of our clients. Our primary holdings consist of investment-grade debt including U.S. Government bonds, U.S. Agency bonds and corporate bonds. Portfolios typically consist of bonds with short to intermediate maturities.