FAQs - Mobile Deposit
Is there a limit to how much I can deposit through Mobile Deposits?Mobile Deposits are limited to a total of $15,000 per day.
What types of checks are not accepted through Mobile Deposit?
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than the person or entity that owns the account into which the check is being deposited.
- Checks payable jointly, unless deposited into an account in the name of all payees.
- Checks containing an alteration on the front of the check, or which you know or suspect are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn.
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the U.S.
- Checks not payable in U.S. currency.
- Checks dated more than six (6) months prior to the date of deposit.
- Checks that have previously been submitted through Mobile Deposits or through a remote deposit capture service offered at SouthState Bank or any other financial institution.
- Checks or items that are drawn or otherwise issued by the U.S. Treasury Department.
- Checks drawn on a home equity line of credit, or other convenience checks.
- Traveler’s checks, money orders, or savings bonds.
- Checks without a check number in the MICR line at the bottom of the check
- Checks without an account number in the MICR line (Example: counter checks)
- Checks encoded with a dollar amount
- Checks with writing or printing that obscures any part of the MICR line
Why did my check get rejected?Your check could have been rejected for several reasons including:
- Your check image was not clear
- Your check exceeded the daily limit of $15,000
- Your check was a duplicate deposit
- Your check was not endorsed
How do I know my deposit was received?
- Tap Deposit Check.
- Tap Deposit Check History
- Tap Accepted
What do I need to use Mobile Deposits?To use Mobile Deposits, you’ll need the following:
- Download our SouthState Mobile Banking App.
- Enroll into Mobile Banking (if you are enrolled in Online Banking, you will use the same username and password for Mobile Banking)
- A checking or savings account
Do I have to endorse my check before I deposit through Mobile Deposits?Yes. You will need to include on the back of each check your signature and SouthState Mobile Deposits on MM/DD/YY (fill in the current date). Please make no other alterations to the check.
When will my deposit be available if I use Mobile Deposits?Funds are generally available the next business day if made by 9 PM EST unless a hold is placed on the deposit. Mobile deposits submitted after 9 PM EST or on a weekend or bank holiday are generally available on the second business day after the deposit. You can check the status of your deposit in Deposit Check History to verify funds availability. Please retain the check until the deposit posts to your account.
What should I do with my paper check after I deposit it using Mobile Deposits?Securely store your check for 14 calendar days after your deposit (this allows sufficient time in case the original check is required for any reason). After 14 calendar days, destroy or shred the check.
Are there any fees for using Mobile Deposits?There are no fees to use SouthState Mobile Deposits. Please check with your wireless provider about carrier and web access charges.
How many checks can I deposit at one time with Mobile Deposit?There is no limit on the number of checks you may deposit, as long as you have not exceeded your daily total deposit amount.
How secure is Mobile Deposits?Your scanned check is transmitted securely through our Mobile Banking app. It is encrypted and pictures are never stored on your mobile device.
How will I know if there’s something wrong with my deposit?You will receive an email from [email protected] if there are any issues with your deposit.
Why did I receive an email?If you received an email from [email protected], your deposit was rejected or you had incorrect endorsements.
We're Here to Help
We're Here to Help
Give Us a Call(800) 277-2175
Email Us Your QuestionsEmail Us