FAQs - Mobile Deposit
Is there a limit to how much I can deposit through Mobile Deposits?Mobile Deposits are limited to a total of $15,000 per day.
What types of checks are not accepted through Mobile Deposit?
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than the person or entity that owns the account into which the check is being deposited.
- Checks payable jointly, unless deposited into an account in the name of all payees.
- Checks containing an alteration on the front of the check, or which you know or suspect are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn.
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the U.S.
- Checks not payable in U.S. currency.
- Checks dated more than six (6) months prior to the date of deposit.
- Checks that have previously been submitted through Mobile Deposits or through a remote deposit capture service offered at South State Bank or any other financial institution.
- Checks or items that are drawn or otherwise issued by the U.S. Treasury Department.
- Checks drawn on a home equity line of credit, or other convenience checks.
- Traveler’s checks, money orders, or savings bonds.
- Checks without a check number in the MICR line at the bottom of the check
- Checks without an account number in the MICR line (Example: counter checks)
- Checks encoded with a dollar amount
- Checks with writing or printing that obscures any part of the MICR line
Why did my check get rejected?Your check could have been rejected for several reasons including:
- Your check image was not clear
- Your check exceeded the daily limit of $15,000
- Your check was a duplicate deposit
- Your check was not endorsed
How do I know my deposit was received?
- Tap Deposit Check.
- Tap Deposit Check History
- Tap Accepted
What do I need to use Mobile Deposits?To use Mobile Deposits, you’ll need the following:
- Download our South State Mobile Banking App.
- Enroll into Mobile Banking (if you are enrolled in Online Banking, you will use the same username and password for Mobile Banking)
- A checking or savings account