Round Up to Save™
BillPay and eBills
Manage and Pay Your Bills Faster and Easier
SouthState offers BillPay so you can pay all of your bills in one place and set up automatic payments – saving yourself time and money.
Save Time and Money
Simplify your life by signing up to receive electronic bills. eBills 2 allow you to easily review your bills online instead of receiving paper statements. You’ll be notified by email when an eBill is received or due.
Forget to Pay a Bill?
We offer two convenient services to help expedite your payments – Same Day and Next Day BillPay3. Avoid paying late fees by using one of these options.
Simply click on the calendar when paying a bill. If today’s date or tomorrow’s is highlighted, Same Day or Next Day payments are accepted by that biller. It’s that simple!
- Log in to Online Banking at SouthStateBank.com or the Mobile App.
- Click Transfer and Pay at the top.
- Click Pay Bills and Send Money with Zelle.
- Click Pay Bills
- If this is your first time setting up BillPay, you will be asked to verify your account information and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Click Add a Company or Person to begin setup.
- To add a Company, search under the given tabs, or you can type in the Company name. Enter in the account number and zip code associated with the Company.
- To add a Person, enter in the First and Last Name with their Email Address or Mobile Number.
- Once you have provided the information for the Company or Person, click Send Money.
- Review the information, click Send to complete.
- To make a payment, enter in the Amount and Deliver By date by the company or person you would like to pay, and click Send Money at the bottom.
- Log in to Online Banking.
- Click Transfer & Pay, then Pay Bills and Send Money with Zelle.
- Click Add a Company or Person.
- Input payment information and click Send Money
- Delivery type will be listed on the right-hand side of the next page.
- Confirm Payment Information and click Send.
- Log in to the Mobile App
- Select Transfer & Pay, then Pay Bills and Send Money with Zelle.
- Tap Pay bills
- Tap Options
- Tap Add Payee
- Enter payment information.
- Select payment date.
- Payment method will display on screen after tapping the date.
- Tap Next
- Confirm Payment Details and tap Pay.
Bill payments set up within BillPay will be paid according to how the biller will accept payments. Some vendors accept payments electronically, enabling us to pay them within one or two days. Others do not accept electronic payments so a check must be mailed to them. Depending on the location of where the check is being mailed, it may take three to five days for it to be received.
One of the following will occur:
- The payment amount is debited from your account and sent electronically to the biller.
- The payment amount is debited from your account, converted to a check, and then mailed to the biller.
- A check is created for the payment amount and mailed to the biller. Once the biller receives and deposits the check, the amount is debited from your account.
Yes, you can. Simply contact our Customer Care Center and one of our personal bankers will be happy to make the change. You can contact them by calling (800) 277-2175 Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 7 PM and Saturday from 8 AM to 3 PM.
An eBill (electronic bill) is an electronic version of a paper bill that you can view and pay online. Receiving eBills enables you to access your bills anytime through Online Banking, reduces paper clutter and gives you enhanced security by reducing the amount of personal information traveling through unsecure mailboxes. You will receive an email reminder when a bill is due but will only see the eBill reminder icon in Online Banking and not in the Mobile App.
Once you are logged in to Online of Mobile Banking and have clicked on BillPay, you will see your list of payees. For those that offer eBills, you will see an icon beside each name. Click on the icon and follow the steps to start receiving eBills.
- Internet service provider fees may apply. You must be age 18 or older to access Bill Pay.
- Subject to biller availability.
Fee applies. See Online Banking Agreement for details.