PROMOTIONAL OFFER RULES: Promotional offer applies to new personal checking accounts (excluding South State at Work product type) opened between 09/15/2020 and 11/30/2020 with the promo code EARN200. To open an account at a branch location, a $25 minimum deposit is required; no minimum deposit is required for accounts opened online. Residency restrictions may apply and offer not available to employees of South State Bank, N.A. or its subsidiaries.
Offer is limited to one per customer, cannot be combined with any other personal checking or deposit offer, or reproduced, purchased, sold, transferred or traded. SouthState reserves the right to modify or discontinue the offer at any time without notice.
Eligibility & Qualifications: To receive the $200 rebate, you must meet the following criteria:
• At account opening, you cannot be an owner or joint owner of a SouthState personal checking account.
• Within 60 calendar days of opening the account, you must have:
– 15 or more posted and cleared debit card purchases/payments from the account; AND
– Monthly cumulative direct deposits of at least $250 of your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular recurring monthly income (Note: Internal account transfers, mobile deposits, or
deposits made at a banking location or ATM, do not qualify as a direct deposit.); OR
– One or more preauthorized automatic drafts by a third party of at least $25 (excluding recurring Debit Card payments and person to person transfers).
• Your account must be open with no changes to the product type (i.e. South State Checking, Choice Checking, Gold Checking etc.) at the time of payment.
Promotional Rebate Payment: If you meet all of the Eligibility and Qualifications above, we will post the $200 rebate to your account within 2 business days of the completion of the 60 calendar day qualifying period. The rebate will be reported to the appropriate taxing authorities, as required by law or regulation.
- You can avoid the $5 Monthly Maintenance Charge if on the final day of your statement cycle you have signed up to receive electronic statements (“eStatements”). You must be enrolled in Online Banking to receive eStatements. If you do not sign up to receive eStatements, your Online Banking access is terminated, or you withdraw your consent to receive eStatements, your Account will be subject to the Maintenance Charge, which will be debited from your Account without further notice to you and will appear on your Account statement.
- The Round Up to Save service is available for personal accounts only; Health Savings and Money Market accounts are ineligible. Round Up to Save™ is a trademark of South State Corporation.
- Does not apply to recurring debit card transactions.
- Credited to your savings account annually on the first business day of January. To receive the matching funds, checking and savings accounts must be open, in good standing and enrolled in the Round Up to Save Program at the time the matching funds are credited.