William M. Coker, CFP®, CTFA®
Prior to joining South State in 2009, Bill spent 27 years with a large regional bank. He has many years of experience as a commercial and business banker and in local bank management. In 2000, he transitioned into wealth management, where he remains today. Bill is a 1982 graduate of the University of Virginia with a Bachelor of Science degree in Commerce (course concentration in Finance). He is also an honor graduate of the Stonier Graduate School of Banking at the University of Delaware. He is a Certified Financial Planner as well as a Certified Trust & Fiduciary Advisor. He is a member of the Spartanburg and Greenville Estate Planning Councils.
Always active in the community, Bill is a past Board Chair of The United Way of the Piedmont, the Arts Partnership of Greater Spartanburg, St. Luke's Free Medical Clinic and the Mary Black Foundation. Bill and his wife, Sally, live in Spartanburg, SC. They have two young adult children. He enjoys reading, boating and various personal fitness activities.
- Certified Financial Planner, CFP®
- Certified Trust & Fiduciary Advisor, CTFA®
- Stonier Graduate School of Banking – 1991 Honor Graduate
- University of Virginia – 1982 B.S. in Commerce
- SouthState Wealth represents the collective departments and subsidiaries of SouthState Bank, N.A. that provide wealth management services. Products and services are not bank deposits, nor are they insured by the FDIC or any Federal Government Agency, and are not backed or guaranteed by SouthState Bank, N.A. or its affiliates. Securities involve investment risks, including possible loss of principal.