FAQs - Online and Mobile Banking
Online Banking & Mobile Banking App FAQs
Online Banking FAQsView All Online Banking FAQs
- Log in at www.SouthStateBank.com or the Mobile App
- Click Account Services
- Click Statements & Documents
- Select the Account from the drop down menu
- Select the Document Type from the drop down menu
- Select the Time Period
- Click Continue
Yes. You can use BillPay to make payments or click on your credit card within Online and Mobile Banking to access the website where you can make payments.
Mobile Banking FAQsView All Mobile Banking FAQs
Yes, you can pay bills through the Mobile Internet Browser or Mobile App. You can add new payments, as well as view, modify or cancel pending payments. Bill payments are not available with Text Banking. Message and Data rates may apply.
- Go to the App Store (iTunes® or Google Play®).
- Search for SouthState Mobile Banking App or SouthState Bank.
- Once the App is installed, at the bottom, click Enroll.
- Enter the following information: SSN, Account Number, Account Type, Mobile Phone Number, Email Address and create your Login ID. Tap Continue.
- You will need to receive a Secure Access Code. Tap the delivery method you prefer.
- Once you receive the code, enter it into the field provided and tap Submit.
- Create a password and confirm your password. Tap Submit.
- Review and Accept the online banking Terms and Conditions.
- Tap Yes, I agree.
- You will then be asked if you want to register your device. Please note: If you register your device, you will not be prompted for a secure access code at future logins on this same device. If you choose do not register device, you will be prompted for a secure access code the next time you log in.
To enable Touch ID2 /Fingerprint ID/Face ID, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Mobile App and select Menu.
- Tap Preferences, the Security Preferences.
- Toggle the Touch ID/Fingerprint ID/Face ID switch to the On position.
- If there are no fingerprints currently stored on the device, the app will instruct users to set up at least one fingerprint on the device before enabling Touch ID/Fingerprint ID/Face ID. If your phone is enabled for Face ID, this will allow you to use Face ID moving forward.
- After enabling, the app automatically prompts for fingerprint/Face ID when launching the app.
Mobile Deposit FAQsView All Mobile Deposit FAQs
Mobile Deposits are limited to a total of $15,000 per day. There is no limit on the number of checks you may deposit, as long as you have not exceeded your daily total deposit amount.
You can deposit personal or business checks payable in U.S. dollars and drawn on any U.S. financial institution or US Treasury Department. The check must be payable to, and endorsed by, the account holder.
You cannot deposit the following items through mobile deposit:
- Traveler’s checks
- Money orders
- Savings bonds
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than the person or entity that owns the account into which the check is being deposited.
- Checks payable jointly, unless deposited into a joint account with all payees available
- Checks containing any alteration
- Checks suspected as fraudulent
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the U.S.
- Checks not payable in U.S. currency.
- Checks dated more than six (6) months prior to the date of deposit.
- Checks that have previously been submitted through Mobile Deposits or another remote deposit capture service offered at SouthState Bank or any other financial institution.
- Checks drawn on a home equity line of credit, or other convenience checks.
- Checks without a check or account number in the MICR line at the bottom of the check (Example: counter checks)
- Checks with writing or printing that obscures any part of the MICR line
Your check could have been rejected for several reasons including:
- Your check image was not clear.
- Your check exceeded the daily limit of $15,000.
- Your check was a duplicate deposit.
- Your check was not endorsed.
At any time you can see the status of the deposit in the Mobile App by selecting Deposit Check and then Deposit Check History. Once your deposit is accepted, it will be shown under the accepted section of Deposit Check History.
BillPay & eBill FAQs
- Log in to Online Banking at SouthStateBank.com or the Mobile App.
- Click Transfer and Pay at the top.
- Click Pay Bills.
- If this is your first time setting up BillPay, you will be asked to verify your account information and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Click Add a Company or Person to begin setup.
- To add a Company, search under the given tabs, or you can type in the Company name. Enter in the account number and zip code associated with the Company.
- To add a Person, enter in the First and Last Name with their Email Address or Mobile Number.
- Once you have provided the information for the Company or Person, click Send Money.
- Review the information, click Send to complete.
- To make a payment, enter in the Amount and Deliver By date by the company or person you would like to pay, and click Send Money at the bottom.
- Log in to Online Banking.
- Click Transfer & Pay, then Pay Bills.
- Click Add a Company or Person.
- Input payment information and click Send Money
- Delivery type will be listed on the right-hand side of the next page.
- Confirm Payment Information and click Send.
- Log in to the Mobile App
- Select Transfer & Pay, then Pay Bills.
- Tap Options
- Tap Add Payee
- Enter payment information.
- Select payment date.
- Payment method will display on screen after tapping the date.
- Tap Next
- Confirm Payment Details and tap Pay.
Bill payments set up within BillPay will be paid according to how the biller will accept payments. Some vendors accept payments electronically, enabling us to pay them within one or two days. Others do not accept electronic payments so a check must be mailed to them. Depending on the location of where the check is being mailed, it may take three to five days for it to be received.
One of the following will occur:
- The payment amount is debited from your account and sent electronically to the biller.
- The payment amount is debited from your account, converted to a check, and then mailed to the biller.
- A check is created for the payment amount and mailed to the biller. Once the biller receives and deposits the check, the amount is debited from your account.
Yes, you can. Simply contact our Customer Care Center and one of our personal bankers will be happy to make the change. You can contact them by calling (800) 277-2175 Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 7 PM and Saturday from 8 AM to 3 PM.
An eBill (electronic bill) is an electronic version of a paper bill that you can view and pay online. Receiving eBills enables you to access your bills anytime through Online Banking, reduces paper clutter and gives you enhanced security by reducing the amount of personal information traveling through unsecure mailboxes. You will receive an email reminder when a bill is due but will only see the eBill reminder icon in Online Banking and not in the Mobile App.
Once you are logged in to Online Banking and have clicked on BillPay, you will see your list of payees. For those that offer eBills, you will see an icon beside each name. Click on the icon and follow the steps to start receiving eBills.
Bank to Bank Transfer FAQsView All Bank to Bank Transfer FAQs
Accepting the Terms of Service through Online or Mobile Banking is the only requirement to use the standard 3-day delivery speed. In order to use the Express Transfer delivery speed, customers must complete all of the following:
- Perform a successful standard inbound Bank to Bank Transfer of $500 or more within the last 30 days.
- Maintain a $750 balance in the SouthState account they are transferring to/from before the Bank to Bank Transfer.
- Have a positive balance for the last 3 months.
Yes. There is a daily and monthly limit. At anytime, you can click the blue circle icon next to the amount box to see your limits.
There is no fee to send funds to another bank unless you qualify for and choose express speed. However, there is not a charge to receive funds into your SouthState Bank account. Log in to Online Banking for fee details.
The cut-off time for Bank to Bank Transfer is 1 A.M. EST. After this time, all transfers will be processed and cannot be cancelled.
- Apple Pay and Touch ID are registered trademarks.
- Google Pay is a trademark of Google Inc.